Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Eye of the Tiger.....GRRRRR....

Every morning, my alarm goes off to a radio station in NYC that has old school rock because to be honest, I can't stand their pop music stations. This morning, I KID YOU NOT, the song "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor came on to wake me up. Talk about instant motivation upon eyelids opening! I looked at Ollie and said, "this should be good!" (Please don't judge me for talking to my cat. You try living alone with a feline and see if you don't start talking to it like a person)

Anyway, so I got out of bed and got myself ready for this morning's run. After having trouble with Saturday's run, I have decided to try to be better about incorporating strengthening workouts into my routine. This morning was only 4 miles so before I went out, I used some free weights for my arms and for some squats. After that, I strapped on the Nano armband and was out the door.

Yesterday I got a new pair of sneaks and this morning was my first run with them. I was so pumped up but the enthusiasm faded as my run went on. I must have really broken in my current pair because these bad boys felt like cement blocks as I guided along the Hudson. "W-T-F?" I said to myself. In theory, the cushion in these should feel unbelievable and I thought I'd be flying through this morning....NOT SO MUCH. Oh well, I won't rule these new Saucony Triumph Progrid 7's out just yet. I have been a dedicated Saucony wearer for 10 years now and I'm not about to change 9 weeks into training for a marathon. I shall give these another chance on Thursday, my next 4 miler and if they still don't feel much better, I may have to bring them back.

So sadly, my run wasn't as badass as waking up to "Eye of the Tiger" was but I swear, its as if Google Images is waiting for the twists and turns of my training and prepared to have the perfect image for every adventure I encounter. How awesome is this one? Especially since I had a tough run on Saturday. I will see past my challenging run, not continue to look back at it and keep on fighting forward. (I feel like I should put up my dukes up in a boxing stance as I say that....I think all signs are saying, "watch Rocky this weekend!")

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a good job of inspiring me. I plan to run all day long. Until I get home and see my couch. And the remote. Well, at least I've taken up tennis again :). Keep on truckin', CK!

    ReplyDelete