Monday, August 23, 2010

Saturday and Sunday quick overview....

These last couple of days I was here....Gorgeous right? My dearest friend from college got married here over the weekend. It was quite a trek to get to, especially from NYC, but once we got there, it made sense why she dragged everyone up there for her nuptials. I got up there on Friday night for the rehearsal. Most of us were beat from the travel so we luckily hit the hay by 10:30 pm. Saturday I woke up a little after 8 am feeling revived. I went for a lovely walk with one of the other bridesmaids to get in my cross training after my long run on Friday. Then we got ourselves showered up and reported for duty. We couldn't have asked for a better day for her to get married, there were clear blue skies and it was in the 70s. We spent the day hanging out in the executive suite getting our hair done, sipping on mimosas and snacking on some yummy treats her mom brought for us. All of a sudden it was 3:30pm and it was time to get in our dresses and most importantly her in her dress. By 4:10 the beautiful bride was on her way down the aisle where she and her now husband said their vows overlooking the beautiful Maine coast and Islands. After the ceremony we were thrown into about 20 to 30 minutes of photos then it was time to have some fun. The band was phenomenal and we all danced our butts off the rest of the night. I'm so happy that she had a fantastic day!


Sunday, a little less as fun. I peeled myself out of bed around 8:45 because I had to hit the road fairly early because my ride needed to get back to the Boston area for her father's birthday. We hit up the morning after brunch, I kissed my now married friend good bye and we hit the road. After about 4 hours I was at my Uncle's who would be giving me a ride into town for the train. I was able to have some time with him and my aunt to catch up then it was back in the car for the last leg. I got to South Station with just enough time to get my boarding pass and get in line. Completely exhausted, we waited as some idiot Amtrak worker delayed our boarding time. I literally almost got confrontational, I was so annoyed. Once boarded we were 5 minutes after departure time...not tooo bad. I watched "I love you, Man" and then listened to my nano the rest of the way. By 8:30pm, I was back in my apartment and wiped out. I cuddled with the furball who was ecstatic to see me (one of his redeeming qualities), watched some tv then hit the hay. It was a long day, and on top of it I left my phone in my friend's car back in Boston but I'd do it all over again to see one of my best friends get married.

No comments:

Post a Comment