Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Not my week....

I couldn't even find a good image for today. This week isn't bad by any means but as far as running is concerned, it hasn't been my strongest. This morning I battled 6 miles along the Hudson and I am sad to report that the Hudson won. For the first time since I started my training, I walked...did you hear me? WALKED. UGH!!!! I had a hard time getting up this morning and was a little behind schedule so I think I started out my run a little too fast. It would have been okay if I was doing 4 miles but when you add the extra 2, it makes a difference believe it or not. My legs won the "to run or to walk battle" around mile 4. I probably walked about a 1/4 mile and then got back to it. I'm glad I walked because I my legs did feel better after but I'm not a combo type girl, I'm all or nothing. Anyway, it just seems that my legs never woke up this morning when I did and it wasn't a good run. I guess it could be worse, every run could be painful and I'd have to fight the "run or walk battle."

Tomorrow I am taking off (supposed to do 3-4) because I'm moving my long run up to Friday night. Saturday I am Cape Cod bound for a long weekend with my whole family. To say I'm excited for the weekend is an understatement. In order to get the most out of my time with them, I am getting my just shy of 2 hour run done before being with them so that I can enjoy every moment. At least I know there is light at the end of my somewhat blah week!

2 comments:

  1. Walking happens to everyone. Its like our bodies are saying "not today!" Its great that you are listening to what you need. Have a great time down the cape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't beat yourself up, lady - hasn't it been like 100 degrees in the shade and swampy as hell in the city? Looking forward to seeing you Sunday at the Cape!

    ReplyDelete