Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 7 Start..."Shopping Trips"

It used to be that during my lunch time, I would have the opportunity to go poke around some of the stores midtown at lunch...ya know, like Banana Republic, H&M, Lord&Taylor and see if there was anything to spike my interest and update my wardrobe. Today, my shopping was purely for the treatment of a ginormous blister that is happening on my right foot. How lucky and glamorous am I? I believe it was last Wednesday, during my 6 miler that around mile 4, I felt one coming on....Obviously at that point there wasn't much I could do about it other than finish my run and deal with it when I got home. My problem was, that I didn't. I thought that it would just "go away." Yeah...not so much....Thursday it didn't seem much better then Friday I was too lazy to deal. Saturday I still had one of these Dr. Scholl's treatment bad boys and that helped me get through the 9 miles but on Saturday I had to buy more. Then this morning, I had treated it, put on a blister bandage but thanks to the lovely humidity, by the time I got to work it was already falling off. At lunch I had to take care of this situation because I've got a lot of running coming up this week and I am not about to let some blister hold me back. I purchased another box of Blister Treatments (I have a feeling that stocking up on these is going to be helpful) and some rubbing alcohol swipes to keep it from getting infected. Yup....the purchases are getting sexier as the weeks go on...this here is the Start to week 7...Lets hope in 10 weeks I still have feet to not only run on but stand on!

No comments:

Post a Comment