Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hot and Steamy Tuesday morning...get your head out of the gutter!

This morning happened to be another humid one for a run....I don't understand why people are calling this a "dry summer" when the humidity has been so bad its impossible to get from any point A to point B without being as drenched as you were stepping out of the shower...then again, that could be just me. Thanks to my father I've inherited all the really "attractive" genes. My sister will go to the gym for hours on end and look like a supermodel when she walks out with a lovely "post-workout" flush in her cheeks. I go to the gym or lately, run outside and I look like someone literally took a hose to me! This issue isn't only isolated to when I work out. I have found that when I have a really spicy bloody mary or spicy buffalo wings, my frickin' head sweats...Yup, I can't get much more attractive can I? Luckily for my father, sweating a lot makes him look "macho" (hard these days as he gets up there in age but worked when he was younger) and when his head sweats, he just takes a napkin to it because he's balder than an eagle (even though they aren't actually bald, ever think about that? weird.)

Anyway, I went out for my 4 mile run this morning and managed just fine. I actually felt really good regardless of the humidity and kept consistent with my faster pace on these shorter runs. Keeping with routine, I got home, stretched, did some crunches, fed the beast and jumped in the shower. These days, no matter how cold the shower, I still can't cool down enough by the time I walk out the door to head to work. Unfortunately for my dear Starbucks dude, Alfredo (I kid you not, real name) by the time I step foot in his location on the way to work, I'm sweaty as can be, dabbing my forehead with a napkin and cranky as an old man, which these days, my father. Alfredo is so sweet and always has a smile on his face no matter how much of a snarl is coming off mine. He orders my drink over the headphone thingys, tells me to have a GREAT day, I pay, grab my drink and feel tempted to poor the ice cold beverage over my head as I finish the last walking leg to work.

Moral of today's story? I CANNOT WAIT for Fall to get here so I am not a) a sweaty beast by the time I get to work and b) can be pleasant and sweet back to my dear Alfredo.

No comments:

Post a Comment