Monday, August 2, 2010

11 miles and counting....

LOOK. AT. THAT. THING.....Could you imagine a less attractive accessory? I certainly can't! For 40 buck-a-roos, I could have a MUCH cuter belt but I sucked it up on Friday and made the purchase so that I could stay hydrated on my long runs....
Saturday morning, I was up at 7am, had some toast with peanut butter, cleaned myself up and got dressed. I had a bag packed and was out the door by 8am to get to the Upper East Side to drop my stuff off at a friend's place and get this week's 11 miles done in Central Park. What a simply GORGEOUS morning for a long run in the park. There wasn't an ounce of humidity and the temperature was in the upper 60s/low 70s. I started out my run and came to the first tough hill (Central Park is really hilly if you've never run it before). I was nervous it was going to be the beginning of the end but when I got to the top I realized I had psyched myself out over that one. I cruised along listening to my tunes and not stressing the hills as they came, instead I just took them in stride. I finished my first lap and was thankful I had my "sexy belt" because I didn't have to stop at any point to grab some water. The second lap my legs started to feel a little tired but I kept my mind off of thinking about it by paying more attention to my music and thinking about everything and anything else. By the time I was done, I had started at 8:37 and was done by 10:07...pretty great time. I guess I was cruising faster than I thought I was. I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment