Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Introducing Oliver...Mister cause of TROUBLE!!

Yesterday (Tuesday, first run for the week) I don't even think one of these bad boy cranes could have gotten me out of bed (well...maybe if it crashed through my ceiling...). I was so beat from my fun and family filled weekend that there was no hope for me getting up and going for a run in the morning. Luckily I didn't have any plans after work so I was able to get the needed 3 miles done at the gym (ugh, on the treadmill) as well as some free weights. Afterward I was feeling pretty good and happy that I was at least able to get what was needed accomplished.

Then this morning....the alarm kept going off and as a moth to the flame, so did my hand to the snooze. I didn't nearly get to bed early enough last night (damn Rachel Zoe and her bananas) and yet again struggled on getting out of bed. Knowing that I had no choice due to obligations after work, I peeled myself out of bed to gather myself for the 6 miles that awaited me. In between the alarm and my snooze, I heard out of the corner of my ear that my beloved furball was playing with something but I didn't care enough to look to see what it was. Once I made it into the bathroom I discovered that the little scoundrel broke into my medicine cabinet and removed/swiped multiple items out of it. Two of the items being earrings from two different pairs....THAT...LITTLE...PAIN...IN...THE...(fill in the blank). Oliver (his actual name) is notorious for scalping any and all items that give off any remote source of shine. I have included a photo of the precious (only when he's sleeping) feline so you can see how misleading his looks are to his devious lil' fellah ways. He appears so sweet and innocent but he can be a real terror, hence this morning. I am currently down to just the two pairs of matching studs that he has now conveniently dismantled. Not willing to accept this, I set forth a scavenger hunt in my apartment to find what he could have possibly done with them. Luckily I am getting "wise" to his "losing of his toys" so I know the "hot spots" to check first. Those came up empty so my hopes turned to him dropping them in something he couldn't retrieve them from. BINGO!!! Found one in my purse and then the other after hunting a little longer in my sneaker.

Once I had reassured myself that I would have earrings to wear later, I continued on to wash my face, brush the pearly whites, toss the mop into a bun, get dressed, tie the sneaks and get out the door. This morning was another hot and muggy one (oh yippee!) but I kept a good pace and managed to get the 6 miles done in about 50 minutes or so. I then had to rush to get ready for work because between my infamous snooze hitting and the impromptu scavenger hunt, I was WAY behind schedule. Unfortunately the shower didn't cool me off enough and thanks to it still being as humid as the Everglades, I was sweaty Sally by the time I actually got to work. Oh well, not much I could do about it but I was tempted to tell all the people looking at me strangely that I was training for a marathon and couldn't help that I was still sweaty....then again, they probably would have just told me to take a shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment