Friday, August 27, 2010

Sorry I've been so out of touch....

I feel like I have been on full speed for over a week and boy does it feel good to sit back tonight on the couch, kick my feet up on the ottoman, drink a corona (light) and rest up for tomorrow's run. I have been keeping up with my training (unfortunately not my blog) regardless of my travels and social obligations. Wednesday night I managed to get my 7 miles in after work, stretched and showered quickly, then met a friend for dinner and drinks...this is also after just getting back from a quick trip to Milwaukee for work. Then Thursday, I got up, went to work, pounded out 4 miles after work then met up with a few of my favorite boys from high school. I must say that the 4 miles weren't the "breeze" I was expecting being the day after a 7 miler. The 7 however, didn't feel too bad given I was running on fumes. It is so weird how your body adjusts and reacts to the challenges you give it.

So to provide you with a more interesting post, I shall share with you my latest "shopping" trip. Tonight I went to Sports Authority to pick up some Gu (ick but necessary) then to Bed, Bath & Beyond. BBB is a random one but I have found they have the cheapest all natural groceries as well as the cheapest toiletries in the city. It is also happens to be only 3 avenue blocks away from my apartment so making stops there isn't too out of the way (as a New Yorker, its all about convenience). Tonight I purchased, neosporin, blister band aids, callus remover, cherry juice, coconut water, a Cliff protein bar, Kashi Go Lean cereal and a few other miscellaneous. Can you frickin' believe that 2 weeks later I am still dealing with this god forsaken blister????? It is a) so painful and b) so annoying. Luckily it doesn't bother me too much when I'm running but the rest of the time it does. I picked up some attractive callus remover because I think that has a little bit to do with why this blister won't heal. I could go into further detail but I don't want to gross anyone out (if I haven't already).
Now I am geared up for my big 15 tomorrow. I have my route mapped out on mapmyrun.com. I have my protein bar and coconut water to have pre-run. I've got the Gu to help me out during the run and I have cherry juice for post run. As an "FYI," I read that cherry juice is great to have after a hard run to help your body naturally recover faster. I am starting to believe in it since I've had it after all my long runs and am yet to feel major aches or pain later the same day or the next.

Well my dear friends who I love so much for simply following along and supporting me beyond belief, I wish you all wonderful weekends and I will update you (hopefully) tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment