Thursday, September 2, 2010

A lil under the weather but definitely over it!

Yesterday, Wednesday, my plan was to get up early and get my run in before work and before the temperature outside soared to above 90 degrees for the upteenth time during my 8 and 1/2 weeks of training. Unfortunately the alarm didn't go off with "Eye of the Tiger" but some random commercial and I woke feeling like the last thing I could do was run 7 miles. Deciding to be safe and not sorry (sorry if I get sick), I changed the wake up time on my alarm and slept for another hour. By the time I did actually get up to go to work, I did feel somewhat better. Once I was at work, I was so busy being in and out of meetings all day that even if I didn't feel well, I didn't have a chance to realize it. Once 5:30pm rolled around. I tied up loose ends and got ready to peace out for the evening. I checked the humidity level and although the current temp was 93 degrees, the humidity level was only 31% so I decided to brave the 7 miles outside in the heat.

As soon as I got home, I made a quick change and was out the door in 15. I had my handheld water bottle with me but I picked my usual run along the Hudson that has plenty of water fountains to refill if I needed to. To be honest, it wasn't as bad as you may have thought. Because it was hot, it was hazy so the sun was beating dreadfully down on me. There was also a slight breeze and having little humidity in the air was definitely on my side. I took my time but managed to keep my 9 minute mile pace more or less. When I got home, I ordered in a healthy meal and was feeling better by the time I laid my head down on my pillow.

This morning, Thursday, you can call me a "machine" as some of my other friends have today, but I woke up and went for a 4 miler. I love a total body conditioning class after work and I have plans to hang out with my beloved Gumbi. Not wanting to miss out on a run or my class (I need to get stronger for these long runs) or be too late to meet up with my buddy, I had to get up and get the 4 miles in or it would have thrown everything off. It went rather well and I ran in my new sneaks again, this time, they felt better.

So in the last 24 hours, I've run 11 miles and I'm about to head off to an hour conditioning class. Today I will accept anyone calling me a "machine" because a) check out the hot pic to the left and b) I am determined like a machine. I am really trying this week and next to get my strength up so that when I run 17 a week from this Saturday, I don't feel like I've been buried by a road!


No comments:

Post a Comment