Friday, September 24, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel...

So I've survived to Friday....YAY!!!! This has definitely been my most trying week of training but at least tonight after work I get to head home to get a break from NYC and get some TLC from the Fam. I hope to just make it through the 13 miles slated for tomorrow (I shall be running in my old sneaks). That's kind of all I'm asking for. I feel that if I can finish and then spend the rest of the weekend in good company along with some actual rest, I will be able to start week 13 off with a clear and fresh attitude.

Last night was another tough run in the new sneaks. Not only is it frustrating to run 5 miles in discomfort but the rest of my body tenses up in attempt to help support my aching feet leaving me more sore than usual after. To top it all off my pace is slower...you all know I like to run like a gazelle and when person after person passes me by I just want to scream. I am going to be patient though and the optimistic light is that I have three 5 mile runs next week in prep of my 20. That will put me in good sneaker breaking in condition for the shorter long run the week after this, lining me up to potentially have the new sneakers good enough for my second 20 miler the middle of October. If things don't improve, I do have a podiatrist lined up for an appointment....I hope it doesn't come down to that though.

So, sadly things aren't a WHOLE lot better than yesterday but they are looking up. I kinda need to knock myself out of this funk and get back to my usual self which is kicking each run in the butt! Cheers to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment