Thursday, September 23, 2010

Feels like I'm hitting a wall...

Yeah, so that's not me. For those who know me I'm blond and sadly at this point in September, any tan I had over the summer has sadly faded. But that is how I felt last night and still have the "feeling hangover" today. I just feel like I'm tired. I'm tired of it all. The sneakers, being alone, not having time for fun, simply always just feeling tired, everything. I got my FOURTH pair of new sneakers last night, ran in them, experienced pain and realized that the last weeks of training are just going to be painful until I can fully break in a pair. NOT awesome realization.

Another thing that has me feeling worn out is that I barely have time to socialize let alone call my best friends to catch up. When I do go out, I really pay for it because my body is already being put through a lot that to top it off with late nights and excessive amounts of Stella, I'm trash. I lack energy and most importantly optimism.

Last night I set out for 8 miles that I had to condense to 7 miles because of not only the pain but the rain/lightening storm that the weathermen oh so reluctantly left out of their forecast for the week. It wasn't raining when I set out for my run so I didn't have a hat to help keep the rain out of my eyes and even better, I wore a white tank top with a white sports bra underneath. I'm not 18 years old on Spring Break and trying out for "Girls Gone Wild" here, I'm 29 and training for a marathon! The last two miles were my worst. I was aggravated that the pain was too much to get the full 8 in. I was so made that I was not properly dressed for the weather and to top it all off, fittingly the song "Mercy" by Duffy was playing and my nano kept stalling! Overall, it was bad.

I got home and put on the radio and as if there is a soundtrack to my life, Colbie Caillat's "Breakin at the Cracks" song came on. Like, really? I'm just all sorts of out of sorts and everything metaphorically and literally rained down on me last night. I need to get myself back on a positive track but I'm having a hard time. I'm heading home this weekend for my cousin's baby shower and I'm hoping a good dose of my mom (its amazing how a mom hug can make you feel better) and family time will put me back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment