Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New sneakers and throbbing toes...

Look at these beautiful sneaks to the left...just LOOK at them! Don't they look so cushiony and perfect to run in? I agree! At least I used to... These sneakers of beauty are my second pair of the same model (I have consistently bought the update for the last 10 years) only this time in my accurate size (reference previous blog entry). I thought AUTOMATICALLY they would be the singing voice from above to guide me along my last 8 weeks of training and even on the big day....Well, my hope is still existent but I have some doubt, yes kids, I have some doubt. I wore them last Thursday for my 4 miles in the park, verdict: painful. I wore them for my 5 miles this morning; verdict: numb right foot toes. The ONE perk about this pair is that I am yet to experience (and hope not to experience) the painful feeling that I am running with razors on the bottom of my right foot like the pain I felt from the last pair that was a 1/2 size too big. I continue to carry the hope like a torch as I waver the idea that I may even brave wearing them for my 8 miles tomorrow night after only wearing them twice so far. "Why?" you ask. Because I am DETERMINED to have a new pair of sneaks broken in! My theory is this; the first pair was horrendously painful because they were not the right size, but this pair will earn its keep after a few break-in runs because no new sneaks will ever be as perfectly worn in on the first few runs as your existing pair. I hope to GOD that my theory pans out because as stated previously, we are in week 11 of 18 training weeks (can you believe it? I can't!) and I need fresh sneaks....BAD!

Note to self and to others: If you are training for a run of this size and/or any long distance run, I read that it is recommended to have two pairs of sneakers to alternate between. I read this well after I had begun my training and I wish I had the heads up ahead of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment