Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back from a long labor day weekend!

I am back! Not that anyone really missed me since it was Labor Day weekend and I highly doubt anyone was checking their facebook or my website for updates. If you were, thank you and I'm happy to be restoring joy and love in your life...

So Friday was a day off and much needed after an agressive Thursday consisting of a 4 mile morning run then conditioning class later that day after work. The rest was good in order for me to refuel energy for my 11 mile run on Saturday. After my 15 mile run the week before, I was looking forward to an "easy" run this past weekend. I say its easy only because I've run the mileage already in my training and to be honest, anything under 15 was going to feel easy in my book!

Saturday morning, I got up and made myself some toast with peanut butter and green tea. Then I grabbed a packed back and headed to the Upper East Side to enjoy my run in Central Park. Once I made it up there, I got my "gear" on and headed out towards the park. It was a beautiful morning; sunny, clear skies, no humidity and just a little bit warm. My run went smoothly even with hills and all. I opted for a hilly long run because I hear hills help you on the really long runs. I need all the help I can get in preparation of my next big one, 17 miles. So, sorry to disappoint, I really don't have any crazy stories from this past Saturday. It was just a nice pleasant run and I felt great afterward.

Sunday and Monday, I rested although I should have done cross training or yoga at least one of the days but I was enjoying my last weekend of summer and so, whatever!

Today is Tuesday. I had planned to rise and shine then practice some yoga "on demand" that I found on cable...Yeah...that plan back fired...I woke up instead feeling depressed about the official end of summer and having to return to work after a wonderful 4 days out of the office. So, tonight I will keep to the second part of my workout plan for the day and go to Niketown to join in on their group run. I've been once before and it was a hill training run and that's what I'm hoping for again tonight. Regardless if its that specific, the hills alone in Central Park are better than the flat surface I've been training with along the Hudson.

And that is my unfortunately, not very entertaining update. This is the start of my 10th week though which is crazy to think about. I also plan on kickin' things up a notch and getting more strengthening exercises in addition to the running. I refuse to let the 17 miles looming ahead of me win on Saturday. I guess you could say I'm in fight mode and this one I WILL win!

No comments:

Post a Comment