Thursday, July 15, 2010

Oh Stella, how I heart thee...

This morning's run was slightly difficult due to falling weakness to one of my loves last night....Stella Artois. As soon as it hits the lips, its just SO GOOD! Last night I went out for HH (Happy Hour) knowing that I had to get up and run this morning because I have a customer dinner this evening. I had a couple cocktails and planned to leave shortly after but then I switched to Stella and all good intentions flew out the bar door. I must state a "pre-claimer" that it wasn't just her, it was the good company I was in and also the free reign over the jukebox that kept me out. Anyway, a night that was supposed to be just a few drinks ended up being a few more than a few and I got home at 11pm. Not incredibly late but when you've been throwing a few down in good company and have to get up at 6:15 for a training run, its really not the best scenario. So this morning, the snooze button and I were connected as "one" and I did not want to get up AT ALL. I laid in bed until the absolute last moment, got up, popped a couple advil, sucked down some smart water and got my butt out the door. As I was crossing 9th Avenue heading towards the Hudson, I did have a moment of "Ugh, I so don't wanna do this," but as soon as took a step forward and began my run I knew I did the right thing. Once I got over to the Hudson trail, I passed two older woman and a woman with a cast on her left arm that went up to her elbow. As I passed, I thought, "get your act together, you just had a Stella or two more than you should have last night, its not like you are 60 years older or have a cast up to your elbow (she is badass for running with that thing!)" So I did, got my 4 miles in and have been sucking water down since. I'm glad tomorrow is a day of rest though...

No comments:

Post a Comment