Monday, July 26, 2010

Annnd the Heat Wave Continues....

Saturday morning, my original plan was to get up, gear up and get up to the Upper East Side to feed my friend's cat (she's out of town) and then scoot over to Central Park for my 6 mile jaunt....That plan was squashed when I realized how frickin' hot it was going to be and knew I'd have to get up at 6 am in order to get up there for a run before it was too hot. I stayed in bed a little longer until 7am (is this really how I have to start my weekend? Tear.) then was out the door by 7:30 for one of my usual runs along the Hudson.

At 7:30am, it was already in the 80s and hot. I made sure I drank a lot of water last night as well as this morning and thought I'd be fine without any additional. As I trucked along I did get a little thirsty and began to notice something. I am still yet to get one of those "sexy" water belts (planning to purchase this week) and it was as if the fact that I haven't bit the bullet yet on buying that "accessory" was thrown in my face ten fold as I ran along. I kid you not, I seriously think every 1 in 10 people I passed by did NOT have a belt making me look like the foolish minority. I did not let this cause me to feel inferior for I felt my knowledge of where every water fountain along my trail made me COOLER because I didn't have to look like a total toolbox as I ran. Knowing I will have to become one of the water belt wearers, I am starting to wrap my head around the toolbox appearance. I can at least seek comfort in the fact that I will remain hydrated and avoid face plantation in the pavement! I guess one needs to make a sacrifice to avoid unpleasant circumstance...

No comments:

Post a Comment