Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 4 - I braved it

I simply couldn't resist this image today....I hope it doesn't cause nightmares in the future but today I braved the heat wave and ran outside. The air did feel similar to running through a really hot sprinkler but I powered through and had a decent run. My legs were a little slow but there was enough going on in the scenery to keep me distracted and moving foward. Along my run I saw a Carnival cruise move up the Hudson to dock in NYC, I watched the Water Ferries make their usual trips from NJ to NY and then I saw two random row boats full of people....are people escaping New Jersey by row boats now like immigrants?

Despite the uncomfortable humidity and the sweat pouring out of my glands so fast that I was so soaked that I looked like I was just plucked out of the Hudson River, I am glad I braved the heat and got an enjoyable run for myself this morning. So in reference to the lovely image on today's post; in this dude's case, my look "post run" may have been comparable to his but for my personal health and happiness, my bravery was a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment