Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 1 of Week 4

I am a shopper. I love to shop. Whether its for me or for my friends or my family, I simply love to shop. But lately I'm having the hardest and worst time and its all because of this crap that I need to buy for my long runs. I'm supposed to get one of those frickin' horrendous looking belts with mini water bottles on the sides. I am also on the hunt for semi-attractive looking running Capri leggings and a running watch to keep track of my pace, distance and time....All these things seem so simple to find, right? Well this girl (Me) is having the worst frickin' time finding this stuff to suit my needs and taste. I'm trying to keep the Capris to an affordable price (under $50), I'm trying to find a watch for under 100 smackers and to spend 40 bucks on this stupid belt thing is just so hard for me to wrap around when its so ugly it almost brings me to tears.

My hunt has brought me to City Sports, Sports Authority, Modell's, a specialty Runner shop on the Upper East Side, but I am yet to brave the massive Foot Locker on 34th Street. I am fairly certain that is where the treasure lies but the idea of braving 34th street takes a lot of mental preparation. Before I embark on this journey, I'll need to meditate, take a yoga class and listen to Enya. I am also thinking of wearing body armor covered in spikes so that the tourists don't bump into me or ask me which way Broadway is. I am fairly certain that if all of this falls into place before I go, everything will be there waiting for me with blinking lights around it. All that being said, I need to get my act together soon. I need all this stuff for my run on Saturday for it is my first double digit run since beginning my training. I'm excited for the big 11 miler but not about the accessories...DARE I even call them that!

No comments:

Post a Comment