Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 6 - Long Run!

After about an hour of searching on mapmyrun.com Friday, I came up with an acceptable route for my 8 mile jaunt. It entailed running up tenth avenue to 34th St, heading west to the Hudson, down the river to just past the World Financial Center Plaza and then back to my apartment. I believe it took me about an hour and ten minutes but I'm not sure what time exactly it was when I left my apartment but I believe it was around 8:50am and I walked in the door right at 10am. It was a great run, I tried to pace myself slower than I run 3 or 5 miles and felt really good afterward. So good in fact that its kinda crazy the amount I accomplished....I went and grabbed breakfast at a diner, did two loads of laundry, changed the sheets on my bed (and also repaired the frame of my bed which I discovered was unattached at one end)...Then I proceeded to dust the entire apartment, clean the bathroom, change my beloved furball's litter box annnnd....I think that's all...but then I did give myself a treat and went out for some adult beverages with a few fantastic ladies. I think its safe to say that I had a great Saturday :-)

1 comment: