Thursday, July 22, 2010

Groove is in the Heart!

This morning was GORGEOUS for a run! It was around 74 degrees (the Today show informed when I returned) and the humidity was non-existent. The sky was clear blue and there was a slight breeze, basically a perfect morning to get a 4 miler in before reporting to work.

Lately I've noticed that I am in desperate need of new tunes for my ipod but I have been too lazy to get my computer fixed so I've been jamming to the same tunes for about a year now (note to self, just get it done this weekend). Anyway, I pretty much hear the same songs every run despite the fact that I have my playlist on shuffle. There is sometimes an occasion when a song comes on that hasn't in awhile and this morning it was Deee-Lite's "Groove is in the Heart." As my ears were flooded with "Deee-Lite," I was reminded of a night out with friends and this song came blaring over the speakers. Instantly Gumbi broke out into "dance" swaying right, left, back, front, sideways, every which way...exhibiting that groove was not just in his heart but in every inch of his 6'4" body! Gumbi has earned his name simply because after a few Bud Lights, the man's bones turn to rubber and he sways all over the place....its truly a site to see and never gets old. Anyway, as this tune came over and I thought of that night, I totally had one of those "cracking up by myself moments"....while running...SPECIAL...I wonder if I'm in any other runner's blog for being the weird blond running by with a giant grin on her face???

No comments:

Post a Comment