Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Its just a lil' rain....

This morning I woke up hoping the humidity wouldn't be too painful for my 5 miler....BUT it wasn't the humidity I faced, it was the rain! When I stepped outside geared up and ready to run, it was sprinkling out. I had two choices a) brave the lil' rain drops or b) treadmill. As you may have picked up, I am anti-treadmill at the moment so I decided to give this "running in the rain" thing a chance. It wasn't so bad at first, it was kind of like running through a constant sprinkler... Then the light rain changed to heavy rain. This happened around mile 2 making the rest of the run an extremely WET one. I had to keep wiping the water out of my eyes and my clothes were completely soaked and stuck to my body. There were times that I kept thinking to myself, "You are a stupid girl" but then I would run by fellow soaked runners and feel better that I am not the only fool running in the rain. Then I thought, "God I hope it doesn't rain the day of the marathon." That I responded to, "With your luck you better get used to the idea." Bad, bad pessimistic side of my brain! Of course it will be a glorious sunny fall day with temperatures high 50s/low 60s!

I finished my run in good time despite my water logged body. Of course by the time I was ready and out the door for work, it had stopped raining....oh well, at least I got to experience it for myself but next time, the treadmill may win this debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment