Thursday, October 7, 2010

Where did the week go?

I don't know where the week went but I'm not going to complain about it! As for the running...it has been a lil' touch and go.

Tuesday I was going to get up to run in the morning because I had a work dinner that evening but....I didn't. It was raining and cold outside and no place seemed any better than to stay tucked tightly in my comfy bed. This is my second skipped Tuesday and I hope that my trend of ditching my run stops here. I can't allow myself to get into this habit.

Last night, Wednesday, I did get my scheduled 8 miles in at least. I took advantage of my friend on the Upper East Side and ran in Central Park. I'm not going to lie, I could hear my shins SCREAM bloody murder when I took my first running step forward. They have still not fully recovered from the 20 miles but they also don't have a choice, gotta keep going kids. Aside from my shins whining for 8 miles and of course the feet hurting a lil' bit, it was a pretty nice run. I must say I enjoy the opportunities to break up my usual running along the Hudson River.

Tonight I face a 5-er but that seems like a breeze. My shins are still sore but I'll just have to stretch more and maybe if I have time, I'll take a bath tonight to loosen up my muscles still trying to figure out what in gods name happened to them on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment