Friday, October 8, 2010

Another day, another challenge...

What I'm tired writing about is probably what you're tired of reading about...the sneakers! Now I think I've found a pair that has not only caused my feet discomfort but has also managed to injure me. I have shin splints...yep, its official...I was in denial with the first hints of it but after my run last night it was as clear as today, they have made their way into my life. Positive outlook...I do have a plan of attack. I am NOT going back to City Sports to have some guy who hasn't run in weeks, maybe months help me pick out a sneaker, I am going to Jack Rabbit Sports. They have a technology that actually fits the right sneaker to your foot. I am going to go there, go through the process and hopefully walk out of there with sneakers that will no longer hinder my training or make it as painful as it has been at times. This is my last hope as I get closer and closer to the big day.

On a fun note, I'm heading back to Beantown this weekend to celebrate two friends from high school getting married (not to each other, two separate occasions). I only have 12 miles tomorrow so I figure I can have a few cocktails tonight, sleep it off and be able to get the task at hand done...provided my shins cooperate...I will be wearing my old sneaks, so at least the feet issue won't be present.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment