Monday, October 18, 2010

Nothing too exciting...

So I'm still laid up with shin splints. I have an appointment to go see an orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday to have some X-rays. Hopefully my icing, elevating, compressing and rest will have paid off and I will be given a thumbs up to run again. I'm not going to lie, it has me down and out of sorts. First of all, the last 14 plus weeks of my life were devoted to training for the marathon that is now less than 3 weeks away. I have trained hard and I have been dedicated. I am also doing this for beyond myself but for my family. Many of them have already made their arrangements to be here for the marathon, I will be so disappointed if in 3 weeks I am not geared up and in Staten Island waiting to cross the Verrazano Bridge to Brooklyn. I'm going to try not to throw myself a pity party here, all is not officially lost, I still have the doctor to see. In the mean time I must try to do my best which is riding a bike, doing the elliptical and that sort of thing. I don't have access to a pool nor am I a decent swimmer so thank you for the recommendation but I'm already ahead of you.

Sorry for being a Debbie downer, I really would prefer to be writing about how I just showed 20 miles who is boss over the weekend and that I am ready as ever for the 26.2. How I thought this part would be so different when I first started. Oh well, chin up Charlie, do the best you can do and hopefully Wednesday brings brighter and better news.

No comments:

Post a Comment