Monday, October 25, 2010

16 miles and indulging a lil' too much in a "reward"

Good news...I tackled 16 miles on Saturday and squashed it in 2 hours, 30 minutes. Bad news is, I indulged in one too many of the delectable little treats to the left later on that evening...

I've been trying to be good as I train and not indulge in adult beverages as much as I normally would but its not always so easy when its so easy to just go for "a drink" to catch up with friends. Saturday once I had recovered for the most part from my run, I threw some clothes on and met my friend Meg for a chick flick. We saw the new Katherine Heigl movie, "Life as We Know It." Yup we were the two gals among maybe 5 other couples at a theater in Chelsea on a Saturday night... Afterward, we decided to just go for "a drink" at a place down the street that has a bartender on Saturday night who makes a FAB lil' dirty martini. I had a salty craving and this well blended, perfectly chilled treat was JUST what the doctor ordered! We should have just stopped at one but as soon as it hit the lips, it was SO good and a second seemed like a really good idea.....Not so much. Meg had to jet out not too long after we finished our second because she didn't feel good and I woke up Sunday with a gi-gantor of a headache.


Lesson learned, sometimes less is more. I "deserved" a reward for getting my run on earlier in the day but I didn't need to go overboard. Those lil' dirty numbers sneak up on ya like nobody's business!

No comments:

Post a Comment