Thursday, October 21, 2010

Exciting....

Ya know that feeling you used to have right before the first day of school after summer break? Well I do! I also have that feeling AS WE SPEAK. Yup, its been a WHOLE week that I haven't run and tonight, yes TO-NIGHT, I get to put one foot in front of the next and RUN!!! YAY!!!!

After work, I plan to hit the gym for a total body conditioning class then run on the treadmill. I am not a fan of the treadmill but it is easier on my joints and I will be able to get my total workout done faster. If it had been a "normal" week and I had been running and whatnot, I may have opted out of hitting the gym in lieu of running outside because its so beautiful, but I have to get pumped up for my 16 this weekend. I never thought that I'd be this excited for a long run but I am. I never thought I'd say this but I miss my horrendous running belt and my whole routine of gearing up to wipe myself out. There is a sense of satisfaction that you have at the end of a long run that is hard to describe but it feels pretty cool. Despite the fact that afterwards I walk around my apartment like an 80 year old woman, stop and stretch my calves in the middle of the side walk and slowly stand after sitting for an extended period, I still feel kinda awesome about it.


Lets just see how tonight goes though. I am a little nervous that the shins will hurt but I am going with the doctors orders and that I should be good to go. I shall report back tomorrow. Please enjoy yourself a thirsty Thursday for me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment