Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What to wear....oh what to WEAR!

I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry or vomit looking at this picture! As marathons go, there are always a few crazy peeps that wear something completely embarrassing...like this guy. As wonderful as it would be to exploit myself as a playboy bunny wannabe, I am thinking something more on the conservative side. I am definitely going to be wearing my black running tights. They are warm and they are comfy. As for on top, I'm leaning towards one of two sleeveless tops; either my green or my blue.

If I wear blue, I am thinking of putting "Go Pats" on the front for people to cheer as I pass. Reasoning; Pats game is on at 1pm which means....wait for it...I'm going to miss most if not all of the game...GASP and head lowers in sadness...The upside of this for ME is that all of New York will be cheering for the Pats! How awesome is that in Giants/Jets land? I think pretty sweet!

If I wear green, I am leaning towards putting "Stella" on the front of my shirt so people cheer me on by shouting "Stella." As some of you may have picked up, I am a fan of Stella Artois and my green shirt is close to color of the beautiful green bottle she comes in. I love her in all her gloriousness and cannot WAIT to cradle her in her elegant glass after the marathon.

Other suggestions have been to put my family name or my Uncles names on my shirt but I've already gotten emotional at times thinking about my reason for running WHILE running. I don't really thinking running 26.2 miles in tears is a good plan of attack. Feel free to weigh in your suggestions but do it quick...only 4 more days left until the big day after today!

No comments:

Post a Comment