Friday, November 5, 2010

Sooooooo close!!!

To say I'm in disbelief that the marathon is THIS Sunday is an understatement! I'm nervous, I'm excited, I'm pumped, I'm every emotion under the sun! The family starts arriving tonight into tomorrow. There's a giant crew on the way and as expected since a) my family is huge and b) they are awesome.

Last night I went to the expo and get my number. Engrave number 43408 into your brain! Unfortunately my start time is the last of 3 heats, at 10:40am but I'm going to be running so who cares, right!? The expo was run like a well oiled machine. You would think with the masses of people going in to pick up their numbers and bags that it would be backed up at 6pm on Thursday night but they just shuffled us right through and it was painless. The rest of it was a little overwhelming with all the different booths set up by Saucony, Asics, Nike, Reebok etc as well as Power Bar and Gu. I was pretty tired at the end of it.

Tonight, I plan to get some last minute items needed for Sunday such as a hat, sweats to bundle up in , hand warmers and iron on letters for my shirt (I still haven't decided what I'm going to go with on the front of it). After that I plan to go home, relax and work on my master mix to listen to during the race. SUPER exciting night, huh? I don't care, this is my last relaxed night after 18 weeks of laying low on Friday and foregoing my beloved Happy Hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment